6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Sunday, June 19, 2011

day 693

didn't TOTALLY suck

Did the "Portugal Day" 5m, used to be the NYRR Father's Day run. Now, I THOUGHT it was a 4m. Good thing I checked the website. Shit. After the 5k yesterday, had little chance of doing well.

HOTTTTTT as HELL, took no less than 5 walk breaks, until 2 peeps egged me on. Thank God! Probably went out too fast. Was one of those mornings where it was tough to get a good breath. Still, didn't TOTALLY suck, in the top 50%, not bad, exactly where i should be. Prob is: I'd secretly hoped to break 9. Fat fucking chance. Really had zero steam today.

Shebitch actually behaving. Came in yesterday with 2 bags of golf balls she picked up @ the local thrift store. Really bad, old balls, but amazing she actually wasn't mental.

Came in from the run this pm, Stoney with a shit eating grin. Was holding out, stringing me on until she returned from work (perfume kiosk) with my Father's Daty gift-Grey Flannel. Really starting to worry-has the mental phase actually ended. Dare I think it?

Peeps checked in with Father's Day wishes. Nice. In an odd twist of irony, brotherfromanothermother was gonna be in Central park-biking with his woman. We miss each other. Nice.

This is gonna be a tough week. Boss retiring, me appointed acting director, interviewing for The Big Chair, closing of my school/reunion/alumni banquet. Alot of change.

No comments: