6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Thursday, June 2, 2011

day 676

ouch!

Did the LIRRC Summer Series last night. It was National Run Day, using it as either my "speed" workout, or an excuse to sleep in and not do my predawn ritual. Big mistake. All day, sunny, then last evening: RAIN. FUCK!!!!! Between the surreal heat/humidity and rain, yucch. But, hadda press on. After that week in which I'd been there and split when the rain kicked in, I figured stick around and man up. THAT was the good news. I'd fulfilled my committment. Bad news: pace SUCKED. At LEAST 15 seconds per mile slower than I should've, AND a 10 second walk break. FOR A 3 MILER!!!!! Due to the crap weather they used an abbreviated course. Even that didn't help. Fortunately (everything IS relative), all my benchmarks were off pace, on my curve, so my net time was good. Still, annoyed I let ONE race go past 9 per mile. DAYUM.

No comments: