6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Friday, June 3, 2011

confirmation

in 3 weeks I'll be appointed "Acting Director."

This takes a bit of getting used to.

Now, of course we all know since starting here 14 years ago, I HAVE been "Acting Director." With our boss managing 2 ships, when he wasn't here, literally half the time, I was CEO. This was great because he's a great boss, and because it prepped me for the future. Also, it taught me when to take the lead and when to back off.

The downside? Between his leaving, and HIS boss retiring, I really feel like the peeps we USED to look up to will all be gone. We will be the ones others will turn to. A nice thing, really. But kind'a lonely. (though Stoney will never know how fortunate he is. If not for this, he wouldn't have the opportunity to attend college).

I pray my father is proud. I know my mother is.

No comments: