6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Thursday, June 16, 2011

day 690

a break?

Actually slept in this am-awoke @ 3:50. An hour late for me. Got Curtis's run this evening. Rather than run myself crippled, use tonight as a "speed run," thus giving me the morning off. Nice. Used to do two-fers, but getting older and wiser. THIS is why I used to run Flushing Meadows poorly. For how many races did I actually have to WALK part of a lil' old 5k course, pretty flat @ that? This one was a mental block-could run Alley Pond with no prob, rolling hills no prob; get to Flushing Meadows: walk breaks!!! WTF? Thank God got over THAT hump.

Also, REALLY nice to be back home. Always remember the day when solitude met loneliness, I was there with Priest's camera, taking pictures @ the zoo. Utterly alone. Not quite sure whether to enjoy the solitude or lament being alone. Guess that one got figured out n'est pas?

This one is one of those rare examples of getting excited. Curtis is a helluva guy, and I know I'll see some Queens peeps. Love that! Not to mention being back where it all started: Flushing Meadows/Shea Stadium/The World's Fair.

Thanks Mom. You did well.

No comments: