6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Friday, June 10, 2011

day 684

Getting better

Did the 5k last night. With the hot/humid weather, storms were a possibility. of course, the skies DID open up. But don't let's get ahead of ourselves.

This one was one of the "gimme" races. One of the runs you have to do as a Long Island Usual Suspect. (what I don't get is: the self same peeps who come from WAY out east for this Nassau County event-almsot in Queens, won't ever cross that border! Their loss.) Last night's turnout was roughly half of what it usually is-due to the crap weather-you could've scraped the humidididity off you with a spatula. Still, nice to see George, Joe, Anita, Pam, Rick, Debbie, Curtis, Joe, Kurt, Irene, Shana, Paul, and lo and behold DP! Cool. A peep!!!

Cool shirts-golf shirts/polo shirts.

But, like I said, almost as soon as the gun went off, rain! (still beat being in Central Park. To think I almost went). Thank GOD DP was there. Ran with her. Kept me from running toward my car.

REALLY fun trying to throw off the computer chip-our net time reflects crossing the finish line @ the same time (I looked to see which foot her chip was on to sync the finish).

Afterwards, great munchies-killer cupcakes. Made me wish I actually ate.

***STILL 8 seconds better than last year! Pissed I didn't break 9 minutes, but last night was really a run to finish, let alone finish well.

Back home this am-St.Francis. The streak lives! No days off. Actually felt like a slacker yesterday-not running in the am. If I hadn't been doing the 5k @ night, I'd have felt totally out of sorts. Nice to know I can't remember the last time I was on the ellip.

No comments: