6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Sunday, April 25, 2010

day 273

THAT sucked

Pouring this am, seriously thought of staying in, or checking into the e.r. CAN'T shake this thing(amazing, can't call it "pneumonia," won't dignify it.). Couldn't bend my spine or take a deep breath. "c'mon, you need rest." True, but, have you forGOTTEN where I live. Off I went.

Helped the peeps set up, was asked why I didn't put flyers @ the Y (by the race director's WIFE???). I asked If I was the prez or the Race Director, or one of 8 other AP members who visit the Y????? I ALWAYS go above and beyond the call, but NEVER enable. Peoples started showing up. DESPITE the shitty conditions! Bless them. I DID miss Curtis and Sal, but then again, I-preregged-was thinking of staying home. LIRRC represented as did Polansky as did The Judge. Meant alot. The Judge's first race back after surgery.

We had a good turnout-especially for a day like today, especially considering the competition-More Marathon/Half, and 4 LI runs.

Me? Should'a stayed home. Really. The fat deaf guy from College Point passed me. Elik's wife passed me. Tom's wife Terri pasased me. Pretty much everyone but the walkers. You know it's bad when Ronit asked (@ the refreshment area) if anyone else was coming in. Need I say more? A course which is only a PART of my daily run, I couldn't run at a good pace. Came in at a minute over an hour. Sucked. TOTALLY sucked.

BEST of all, get home, can't rest. Of ALL fucking days, It FINALLY decides to render order to the piles of clothes. Translation: It's clothes cover the bed. Fuck me. Worst of all, I can't be angry. Yes, It picks the WRONG fucking day to do what It should daily (normal people REST on weekends?????), but It is trying. The problem I have with it other than the obvious: nothing changes. The pile of crap will be merely rearranged.

Any wonder why my time sucked? No real food in a week, no real sleep in a week, no real support of any kind.

Ken, did a killer job. Rettmer, killer job. Laughlin was his usual anxiety filled self (really drives himself nuts for no reason), Ronit and Alan are just amazing, and the T-shirt is actually way cool! THAT was great. The race itself was amazingly successful!!! We even had uber-tourists. This teeny-tiny little couple from Spain are in town, checked the web, and signed on for our race...and walked away with trophies!!!!! It was a great event. Me, sucked totally, but I did it. I didn't wuss out. For that, I am content. Would'a felt worse if I d.n.s.'d.

Elik's peep got it right. He asked my age. He said after 50, when you get a cold, it turns into bronchitis/pneumonia/"the grip." Nailed it. Made me feel a lil better.

***It's 8:24, It comes in from yet ANOTHER meeting, full of venom. How that worked, I just dunno. Starts on me-of course. I'm a hoarder (???did you SEE the pics of Its crap overflowing the place???), the rudest person It ever met.....ahhhhhh...home.....
that hospital is starting to look better and better.

No comments: