6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Saturday, April 10, 2010

day 258

you can run...but...


Did the Haiti 4m in CP as a warm up for manana's NYRR 4m in CP. Today, no clock, no chip, no frills. Purely as a fundraiser-with hundreds. Odd, no bagels or anything after. Prizes for top 3 runners, that's it. As well it should be, it WAS a fundraiser.

Odd thing: ran into Mr.G, as I passed asked "Hey, it isn't a NYRR event, what'r u doin' here?" He gave me his usual "hey guy." Helluva nice man. Odder STILL, I'd parked on 89th n' fifth, the run ended on 103rd. On the walk back, heard my name called-it was Carmen and Victor. Ever the wiseass, I indicated "Queens is over there, you got the wrong park." No sooner do I utter that, than Fran and Nella run, literally, into me. How lovely!!! You're never alone. They didn't know about today's race-I, of course, pointed to our wonderful website! Well done DP!!!

So, why park on 89th? It's around the corner from NYRR, so after the Haiti run, cool down, then go get my number for manana. How perfect was that?

No comments: