6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

day 262

my miracle happened!!!

Sometimes you DO have to wait for it.

Yesterday was hell day, thank GOD I got my run on. All afternoon was an emergency preparedness test. Building evacuated, hadda relocate the patients, with planned wrinkles transpiring every 15 minutes. Of course lil ol' me "I'm the a.d., all the blame/none of the credit" was the point man for the facility. It went flawlessly-I'm THAT good. But that wasn't the high point. Crap you expect on the job.

Got home, 1/4 inch of sewage, as in BROWN (use your imagination) all over the bathroom AND kitchen. It leaves for yet another meeting. W.T.F.????? You truly cannot make this crap up. Stoney's on his laptop farting around. No one doing a damned thing.

SOMEHOW got to sleep (after cleaning up the mess-is my place in heaven ready yet?)

Woke up this am too late for a run, Boot Camp tonight-my knees'll thank me. Of course first thing on site I'm tackled by all the patients' questions they SHOULD direct to their counselors, but their counselors are supervised by pussies who can't do anything. So, it falls to me-no prob-we ARE here for the patients and they shouldn't suffer due to our ineptitude. This after spending hours cleaning up other people's messes.

What SLAYS me: don't they give a shit about where they live??? Could YOU leave 1/4 inch of RAW sewage on the floor, while you deal with your "wellness." GREAT example for your son.

So, after the work chaos and home chaos, I come to the job, one of the peeps' relatives is a former Knick. Spoke with him on the phone. Wow. Thanks God. Owe you.

***Though it WOULD be nice to look forward to going "home," and NOT have to encounter more shit (literally) than in the workplace. THAT truly hurts. When you intervene in crises all day, only to face more when you walk through the front door, it gets disheartening. "Home" should be where you seek refuge, where you feel safe and loved. So it goes.....

No comments: