6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Friday, April 9, 2010

day 257

t.g.i.f.

Tough week. It getting more bent than usual (after vehemently denying being mental, hounded every word of a phone call yesterday, as in: the party to whom I was speaking actually asked "who's the psycho in the background?"). Otherwise the week went well, got my run on every day, knees achy-but no more than usual.

Rain this am. Good thing. Was the excuse I needed to chillax for the morning, sort of. Doing Boot Camp (hey, gotta do SOMETHING). Also, manana is a 4m, the next day another 4m, so gotta get the work in somewhere. ALMOST thought of totally taking the day, but the unit's as tranquil as can be expected, so gotta do SOMETHING for #1.


***this just in: did the Boot Camp. Amazing how what Steve (and George Sheehan and...) said was deadly accurate: "the hardest part of_______is getting out the front door." I was tempted to take a day off, left knee achy etc....excuses, excuses. Hit the gym anyway. Mortals/well adjusted people would say you need a day off. Never said I was well adjusted. REALLY glad I did the class. I walk through the weight room to get to the mini gym, my name gets called out by a couple of people. Wow. Despite wanting to be invisible, nice to have friends where I least/didn't expect. Richie and Barry were lifting weights. That, and seeing the instructor, were very validating-what I don't get where I sleep. Instructor had my number-said "I know, it's raining right?" Of course-it was raining so i couldn't run in the am, hadda do SOMETHING, despite my ambivalence. All that AND a great workout. Now, if I could just get over the concept of having to earn what I consume: i.e. "I ran 6-7 miles, did the ellip, did Boot Camp, NOW I can eat." All in all, beats being fat.

No comments: