6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Thursday, April 15, 2010

day 263

mission accomplished!!!

Was DREADING today. Did Boot Camp last night, was exhausted this am, but, knowing the predicted rain manana, hadda do this am. So, St.Francis it was-shorts and sweatshirt. Perfect. Barely broke a sweat. (same last night-wtf is wrong with my sweat glands???). Showered, changed, off to do the deed.

"The deed?" Deliver my peep to rehab. Former coworker relapsed on opiates. Went to Staten Island to fetch him from his brother's (he'd come from Cape Cod remember), then off to Orangeberg, to a sister ATC. WHAT a roadtrip! Can't believe I made it back this same day, but that's what you do for a peep in need.

Felt good about it. His "friends" are in the dark, have no idea where he is. Only his wife, the Director and I know. These are the sorts of situations that show who your peeps are.

...and in the midst of this I get contacted by Vince re: the club clock. WTF? Not my problem schmuck. Another lost soul. How Sue tolerates him is beyond me.

No comments: