6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Monday, April 5, 2010

day 253

NIIIICE!!!!!

After a big meal, big by MY standards, was split re: today. Boot Camp in the am, spin @ night, or, hit The Line. Well....temps were REALLY perfect, knees not TOO creaky, did St.Francis. This is key. Why? This enabled Saturday's 1/2 to serve as a long run (training runs should be 1 minute per mile slower than race pace, that's my excuse). This way, when it rains later in the week, I can use cross training instead. Though I AM tempted to do the cross training in addition, but don't wanna go into the injury zone.

Re: Easter. Went to dinner with the family. Yes, you read correctly. The brother who supposedly gave It $$$ for a divorce wasn't hosting, rather, opted for a restaurant. Hey, he retires @ summer's end, I wouldn't wanna host either. Italian restaurant. REAL Italian food, not chef boy-ar-dee. I had tuscan chicken, which involved spuds, so, with the carbs, hadda run this am. You humans really got a good thing with this hot food thing. It was delicious. Stoney had Porterhouse, attaboy. It, whothefuckcares. Priest brother, a.k.a. Pelican, was there. I was dying to tear into him about his lying about The Big One. NOWHERE was his name to be found, he didn't run it. "Pelican?" If you saw him, you'd get it. He has a double chin, the size of a pelican's pouch. Not running apparently. Quite girthful. And I LOVE it. Last year, for motivation, I used his claim of running The Big One. Now, I just think of Pete's diabetes and Pelican's chubsy-ubsyness, and for SOME odd reason, I keep going. Funny n'est pas? Best of all: Pete's wife can't stand Pelican. She thinks he's too full of himself. Duh. Each of us, in our own way, thinks we're God, but we don't let on because we know essentially we're specks. Every other word out of Pelican's mouth is "Me," or "I." Frightening.

Made this weekend's anniversary more meaningful. You know and I know what a big day it was. The people in my life who are most important are aware. 'Nuff said.

***Of course, as soon as we got home, It went to yet ANOTHER fucking meeting. Amazing. Utterly amazing.

No comments: