6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Saturday, April 24, 2010

day 272

I'm Back (some of me)

STILL feel like shit, but not letting it get the best of me. Made it to the Run for the Wild. AMAZINGLY hurt that Keith didn't wanna come, but, he's a teen with friends. BEAUTIFUL day for the run, perfect occasion for an excuse to jump back on the horse (hey, I'm preregged, gotta go), and best of all: no chips, a fun run! A no lose situation.

I remembered from last year it was hilly, not unlike AP. But WHAT an experience. LOTS more people, though they didn't run outta t-shirts this time. Last year WAS the first running, mistakes to be anticipated.

Turns out, Ken, Bill, Sara, Astrid, The Guy Who's Name I Can't Remember, and I were all there. Cool!!!

STILL couldn't draw a deep breath, was deeply tempted to take walk breaks, but made it. WHEW. Only prob: walkers in front. Even with MY pace, they got in my way.

Stopped @ The Parkhouse to take a leak, ran into more peeps, Dave STILL not happy with his Boston time (a WHITE guy coming in @ 3 hrs????) Laughlin STILL not happy with his Boston time (a family that loves him, a wife that can deal with him, whatthefuck is he doing outside of the house????), yet this disatisfaction is what gives us goals.

Hit the job, nailed down loose ends, the DMB tix were in the mail!!! Yay!!!

And to think I was gonna blow this one off, "I'm too sick," pussy.

(and yes, every step through the zoo took me back to cyo daycamp days). Childhood, a wonderful time. Passed the buffalo and actually got teary.

***And remind Stoney after I die what a great dad I was. He didn't wanna come to the zoo because It was out waitressing for a friend, he was taking the opportunity to host some guests. No prob, if they're his peeps, I trust them (despite the obvious: teenagers, unattended, male....hmmmm). Checked into the house, looked around, all was well. He and his main peep were taking a walk to 7-11. I asked if he thought it was smart to leave a house unattended, he said he trusted them-I told him "if you do, then I do," "by the way, can I have your computer?" You have no idea how oscar-winning that performance was. I made myself scarce 'til 6. Think about it. Did the race, hit the Y, showered, then fucked around til 6. STILL not fully healed, AFTER running not fully healed. Again, remind Stoney the shit I did for him. (and the BIGGEST part? Letting him go to grow. I.E. wanted to do something with him, but not getting in the way of his peeps, he needs to grow).

No comments: