6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Monday, February 22, 2010

day 211

Jeeeeez!!!

(Spinning tonight, never in my life has working out been so important)

Get to the job this am, early, @ the boogie down Bronx. Wassup you ask? Staff person pulled a knife on another.

No, Virginia, you can't make this stuff up.

Stoney? Home. Take a second, let that sink in. He was off for a week-winter break, now he's home...again....still. Que paso? He spent the week @ brotherfromanothermother's, so...didn't eat properly, sure as HELL didn't sleep properly. Nope, can't make this stuff up.

Finally nailed why I'm taken with The Plaque. Ours is a club is disparate peeps, 250+ independent, stubborn bastards. They-of all people-elected ME as their Prez (the same peeps who DIDN'T elect Tom as vp-a more moderate/sane person). What are the odds I'd be elected????? THEN, to have the work recognized by these same stubborn bastards. Really made me feel like my work was NOT in vain. Nice to be appreciated.

Re: the guy who pulled a knife? He was arrested. Poor fuck. (this is one of the 2 who helped patch the window on the company veeeeeehicle until I had the chance to take it in for repairs. A good guy.) Then again, one must remember, this IS the boogie-down Bronx. What ticks me off is his union, CSEA. Said there was nothing they could do. Bet he's glad he pays dues.

No comments: