6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

day 206

Thanks, I needed that!

St.Francis this am. The snow/slush stopped yesterday pm, so The Line was mine!!!!! Couldn't have come @ a better time. GOD that felt good.

Last night, spin class, for the first time in a long while, NOT full. Was nice to actually have breathing space. One of the guys walked in with a NYC Triathlon jacket, when he took it off, was wearing a shirt from 2008's The Big One. Of course I struck up a conversation. He said he'd just come back from doing the Birmingham 1/2, and it wasn't the same. We agreed-The Big One is the closest most get to rock stardom. The crowds really make it a scene to be remembered. Also, we concur, Brooklyn was The Shit. Though Manhattan might've had more people, the width of the streets makes it seem like less. In Brooklyn, you feel the crowds will swallow you up. It's GREAT. Gave me a taste of what it's really all about, not the personal drama (either Toxichouse or the typical club b.s. i.e. "boycotting a race......." really, just silly nonsense), but seeing how far you can push yourself-knowing the people will embrace you. last year really was the yin and yang of it all. Right leg quit @ 20, limped for the last 6 with the crowd behind me. It was a real NY moment. Thanks Fred.

Also last night, It was well behaved. AND, what's that word...oh yes... FOOD in the fridge. Told ya', b.i.c. (bitch IS crazy). One day, all hell breaks loose, freaking out about god knows what, lamenting lack of funds, next day.....amazing, just amazing. If you were describing this to me I'd accuse you of lying. It asks "I gotta know, just what do you want out of this relationship?" This April'll be 20 years of wedded _________ (YOU fill in the blanks). And NOW It asks what I want from "this relationship." A lil' late for that question don't'cha 'tink???????

And the drama continues: here I am in the boogie-down bronx. Why? No Director. Originally I'm called in because there's no Assistant Director, now there's no Director on site. Howthefuck are you s'posed to run a program without a boss????? Why take the gig if you aren't gonna be on site? Amazing, utterly amazing. it's situations like this that leave me shaking my head in stunned disbelief. My coping mechanism is to joke about it: i.e. I'm turning into a bobblehead (try it for yourself: shake your head in disbelief, while in front of a mirror. What do you resemble? See what I mean? A bobblehead!!!).

No comments: