6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

day 185

so, here I am between a rock and a hard place. dunno whether I should be @ Creedmoor or the boogie-down Bronx. So, here I am in the Bronx (after checking that CATC is buttoned down). The backstory: the Bronx ATC is a shipwreck, I was called in to help, 2 days a week. Creedmoor is in great shape, but the Director had bleeding, again, and spent the day yesterday in the e.r. Dunno if he's going to Creedmoor today. So, start @ CATC, nail things down, spend the morning here, end the day @ CATC. Good thing the homelife is a shipwreck, I'm used to this schizoid existence.

Spin last night was great, packed class. Tonight: boot camp. Again, really looking forward to it.

***this just in: today's news has a story about an 11 year sanitation worker, killed in an on the job accident. Jim Justich. when I heard it on the way in I thought it sounded familiar. Saw his pic in the paper, turns out i was right. I taught him! He was the younger of 2 brothers, Frank and him, Jim. Add to the drama, their father died about 3 months before the eldest's graduation, of a mysterious flu. Turns out, this was before it became big, HIV/AIDS. In the days when there was more stigma than now. Wow. No escaping your past. REALLY sucks for them-like their family hasn't had enough.

No comments: