6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Sunday, January 10, 2010

day 168

perspective IS everything.

Checked the weather this am, was set on doing the gym, until I focused on my LACK of miles. Hadda do The Line. Glad I did. My buddy Steve (actually wept over missing him the other day-you're in my thoughts daily bro) first told me the runners dictum of "the hardest part's leaving the house," of course he was right. Got to The Line, reconnected with the peeps, who proceeded to break my balls about yesterday's race-funny how absence makes people focus on you more-as well as missing the bored meeting-I'm not on it anymore, carry on. Wonderful to run free. Can't convince the kiddies that time is irrelevant. Did one full minute slower than my usual pace yesterday, and really didn't give a shit. WAS nice to see my peeps, despite the balls numbing cold. Thought of Elik @ Disney-he did VERY well, nice. Thought of my peeps who're networking on Facebook, nice. Now, the one missing piece of the puzzle needs to join our club and stop the bullshit. Network with the peeps, run The Line, yet steadfastly refuse. Go figure.

No comments: