6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Thursday, January 21, 2010

day 179

so it goes.....

Yesterday we have the ribbon cutting for our new building, the dining room/group rooms addition. Now...take a second. The agency closes our Manhattan facility and we build. amazing, utterly amazing. AND, adding insult to injury (remember I wrote, my job description is essentially "all of the blame, none of the credit"), in all the speeches, the one person not mentioned, let alone given passing note, guess. Meanwhile, when the slightest thing goes awry, or anything-and I DO mean anything-is needed, who's the "go to" person? THIS is how i stay humble, you and I both know who.

THERE lies the seed of my frustration. I don't mind doing that @ work, it is called "work" after all. But having to be the fixer everywhere annoys the shit outta me. It's nice to go home and feel comfort, as opposed to "what the HELL am I walkin' into today?"

@ the job, it's all done for the benefit of the patient, they after all have nothing, and we take the gig to serve their needs. @ the house, it SHOULD be different. It is what it is, so it goes.....The Comish comes, says some words, blah blah blah.

Last night's Boot Camp rocked. You know it's a tough class when a big football lookin' guy is huffin' and puffin', and needs to bow out of some of the exercises. Two of us there agree: spin class is easier.

Nice side note: one of the benefits of working here (I'm in the boogiedown Bronx today) is you experience a different world. Here, half the staff take MTA to work, and either never owned a car, or haven't had one since living in the Bronx. Also, a dif way of conducting business. Here the staff have no idea re: what's going on @ the top, no idea if interviews are hap'nin' for a permanent A.D. shit, they didn't even know we had a Ribbon Cutting Ceremony @ Creedmoor. The grass truly is NOT greener.

This just in: It's going on a retreat this weekend! YAY!!!!! A peaceful, lovely weekend. Stoney n' I can enjoy our home. Of course this impacts on the dinner dance, might make an appearance rather than actually stay for most of it, but gots'ta be wit' da' boy.

***Pix from the ribbon cutting below, admit it: I look GREAT in a suit (thank you running).

No comments: