6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Sunday Sunday

Tom called, asked if I was interested in spin class. Perfect. The Massapequa run isn't 'til 5, gotta leave something in the tank, cool. Only prob: due to the holiday weekend, it's @ 10:30. Not much recovery time. Still, can't pass up a challenge.

Did the class, tough. The instructor is an ultramarathoner, and the class is 60 mins as opposed to the 45 I'm used to. GREAT class. Hope I don't die tonight. Massapequa is traditionally hot as a mother.

Keith: staying with his brother from another mother. Shebitch outside soaking up the sun. Yes. Cancer is back and.....Really, you DO reap what you sow.

Did the Massapequa race, CRUCIAL miscalculation. Got there early enough to park not too far from the start, so far so good. Picked up my number, ok. Had packed 2 bagels n' bananas. Had the bagels, tore open each of 4 bananas= hard as nails!!! Might ripen by december. So, on a hot night, hadda do the race on a pretty empty stomach. Did ok. Glad I did the run, but had nothing. Zip. Bupkis. This one's a howl though, sorta like yesterday's, except this one has been held for years. So many people didn't see D until I got passed. Good. Had it coming.

Now, if I was smart either a)I wouldn't do back to back races
b)I'd take a rest day
c)wouldn't have done the spin class
d)I'd eat like a normal person.
But those wouldn't be any fun, would they? I can honestly say, if I had the chance to do it all over again, I'd do EXACTLY as I did.

Happy Sunday!

No comments: