6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Friday, July 31, 2009

day 5

DRATS!!!!! Rained on AGAIN!

Fri is normally an off day...if....so, with the threat of thunderstorms at any minute on almost any day, figured this was not the day to chill. Had EVERY excuse in the book to relax: back killing me (new running shoes), knees hurt...MAYBE rain....blah blah blah. All bs. "Get out, it's not raining NOW." OK, listened to the inner voice.

Bad move. Actually made it to within 2 miles of the finish when BOOM, first a "did I just feel a drop?" moment. Then the skies friggin' opened. I mean OPENED. When you can't see 20 feet in front of you, that's rain. STILL glad I ran. Showered, changed, feel good. Fortunately, bought 2 pairs of the shoes I'm breaking in, so while these dry out, use the others. Still a third pair (lighter, dif brand) for 10k/5k races only. No problems there. Nice part of getting soaked: once you give in rather than fight it, it's quite liberating. No wet t shirts (besides mine) to enjoy though, damn.

...n' I can still hear her complain................

No comments: