6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Saturday, July 4, 2009

change is __________

depends on who you are and what you experience. Today, change is good.

Usually do the Bellmore 4m, but I'm sick of the s.o.s. There was a first time 5k, so did that one. Really needed to log more St.Francis miles, but what we lack in distance we make up for in speed.

Nice and flat, but hot. Figured I'd be in stealth mode, almost didn't wear the colors, glad I did. One guy tags me and asks about the local clubs etc...recognized AP. Then bumped into D. Figured the drive to Oakdale'd be prohibitive, but glad for the peep. Helped keep a good pace, I would'a enjoyed the run more yes, but speed matters. Glad we did it together. Of course, with runner's low self esteem, I wanted to ask in the beginning if we could run as a pair, but figured no, I'd be too slow. Funny how things work out. Upside of not giving a fuck about pace-when you do well it's gravy.

Guess the usual suspects did the Bellmore run, they missed out big, this Oakdale thing was really cool. Real Mayberry scene. The kind of races they have in the Hamptons. Also glad D was there, neither of us won raffles-I would'a felt singled out if I were the only one.

Def putting this one in the rotation.

On the way to Toxichouse, caught Whatever Works-the new Woody Allen flick. VERY good. Woody's back. Nice to hear an entire theater laughing. Then back to Toxichouse-empty. It took Keith to our former friends, where he can witness my name being dragged through the mud. Joy joy.

No comments: