6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

day 2

had the day off to volunteer @ the workplace challenge. Glad I did. Reconnected with the LI peeps. Great bunch, the GLIRC folk. Hadda boogie @ 3 to chill, eat, and be ready for the track workout, but glad I went. Volunteers are really well treated: GREAT munchies: your choice of wraps, I did the chicken. THAT was the good news. Bad news: was burping up roasted red peppers until this minute. What the hell, if it was tasty once, it's tasty twice. Gonne hook up with some of the GLIRC's on Sunday am-Curtis's Brooklyn Bridge run.

Track workout was tough. First: threat of rain: yes, again. But we pulled it off. Only Lori and I. Peter took a day off, Rob was @ the workplace challenge. What SUCKED: Joe tells me he wants to see me do the 1/4 @ 1:45. THAT'S the kiss of death. I came in @ 1:50. Told him, NEVER tell me my time, fucks me up every time.

*was/is odd describing to they that don't know me that well, wassup. They give odd looks when I describe what's going on. Entirely appropriate. it IS an odd situation, sucks that It's a total bitch, sucks also that the bitch has the big C. Guess that's why it's called "ambivalence."

Still sinking in that I'll be a single parent. Again, been one for the past 7 years, but you know what I mean. Hurts. Feels heavy.

.....down by the river.....I shot my baby.....down by the river.........

.....

No comments: