6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Monday, June 16, 2008

nice n' easy

ok, raced all weekend, saving the knees, now back to it.

Did 86th, why? SAVE THE KNEES. Got a lil' over a month 'til Quebec, gotta be ready.

Almost went to JB tonight to do the Summer Series, but (repeat after me) GOTTA SAVE THE KNEES.

Spoke w/Tom, I think he was using me as a barometer.


...ok, so much for THAT. It's now 9:05pm, just came back. From??? Welllllllllllllllllll, let's just say I got the call.

(to be uttered in one's best "Charlton Heston as Moses voice") DAMN YOU TOM!!!

He called @ 5:30, said he was @ JB. That's it. When one gets a throw down, gots'ta meet it. So, off we went. So much for savetheknees. So much for a quiet evening @ home. So much for I hate rain and running in it. A throw down is a throw down.

(DAMN, sucked into the Summer Series AGAIN!!!).

And yes, golf ball sized hail in your face in the last 800 metres.

Would I do it all over again? Bet your ass I would.

2 comments:

DebbieJRT said...

exactly when are you saving your knees?!? rest days, remember rest days

and check the calendar again--Quebec is still over 2 months away

the Nike Half is in six weeks, however...

G said...

when I'm @ my desk? (no, I didn't buy that either).