6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Friday, June 27, 2008

good way to end the day/week.....

did the Sean Ryan 5k, Long Beach. Why? Hadda beat Tom to the punch. I try to do a random act of kindness by regging him for races when I can, I hadda do this one as it's in his hood, n' you KNOW he would'a tried to return the favor.

Hot hot hot, humid too! Unfortunately, not as much of a crowd as we had last night. Seems most did the Police run. Pity. These Long Beach races have a real towny flavor, and are usually well run. Tonight was no exception (AND, my fave Long Beach thing: $5 coupons for the deli. I never use coupons, but I love these!!!). STILL can't really get a head of steam goin' after work, but fortunately, the crowd was thin. Actually placed in my age group!!! Nice trophy. Tom won the raffle, so we're even. HIS time was killer, really amazing, n' yet I got the trophy. Thank G we're in dif age groups!!! Tasty burgers. Then again, after a 5k in sweltering heat, anything'd taste good.

On the way, Spike called. Day 4 of his summer vacation, day 4 of his sitting alone @ home @ the computer. Wanted to know if we could see Wanted. Of course!!! I'm a bit disappointed that he'll be away tomorrow-in NJ with my bro @ some family bullshit-his cousin once removed 's graduation. BFD. However, noting Shebitch's lineage, this is the closest he'll get to "family." So, why doth it sucketh? I wanted to drag his ass to the Long Beach fireworks. Oh well.

Keep forgetting to include this nugget (very obvious, but bears noting): funny how we mark the years. We do races like the Police 5k, noting the dif giveaways from dif years, but in so doing, really celebrate as a community being alive for another year/sharing a common interest. There's a guy I see @ races, a "regular," n' when we pass each other we sort'a give each other the eye n' utter "never again huh???"

No comments: