6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day

not TOO much of a bias there is there??? Mother's Day: A contrived retail conspiracy. Father's Day? The ONE day a year we get note for our balls getting broken. Hey, right is right.

Backstory: leave predawn to get a good parking spot for today's NYRR 5m. As I come downstairs, Spike is STILL up (2:30am) and Shebitch is watching TV. Told you, here, up is down. I ask what happened to little items like...gee I dunno.......FOOD??? It rants on about how It doesn't wanna be married............ all this as Spike is @ the computer. Nice sendoff there. Bitch.

So, I get dressed n' split. Hooked up w/the green peeps. Nice run, VERY hot, but a nice run. Saw Mr.G from Ch11 news, he was in running attire. Spoke with him for a bit while waiting in the corrals, nice guy-a runner. Figures. WABC was sponsoring the run, so he wasn't doing his usual hosting. THAT also explains why he's @ all the runs, he's one of us. Helen, Rob, Weasel, Weasel's girl/friend, Tom, Vince, Sue, and me. Nice showing @ a club points race.

OK, do the run, head back to the veeeeehicle, SHIT! Ticket. Damn, this is getting to be a very expensive run. $115 for parking @ a bus stop. I could fight it, I was VERY far from the stop-like @ the end of the block, but why bother. DAMN. Beats a vehicle repair from a hit n' run. OK, THAT helped. Hit the West Side Y, shower, head back. Picked up BBQ stuff for the work peeps, dropped it off, headed home.

Are you sitting down??? A card, an "awesome dad" coffee mug, and a Mets wristwatch (Avon product) await me. Wow. Now, of course, I ask Spike, which Shebitch gave these for him to give to me? Which Sybil was here? AND, FOOD! Bitch shopped. I don't get it.

Phone call wishing me a Happy Father's Day from my heart. Nice, made all the shit worth it.

.....take it easy baby, make it last all night...............

2 comments:

DebbieJRT said...

congrats on the race. aps actually got counted for two team categories.

we have to talk to Tom about putting aps on his applications. I know there's no talking to Vince, but it would have been great if Tom counted for our side

did you find yourself on the finish line camera? I saw Rob, Vince, Tom and Sue and I think I spotted Christina

G said...

didn't look for myself. Don't forget the definition of Toxichouse.

I remind Tom constantly. Call it a junior moment. Think he gets swept up in the excitement of signing up/wanting to end the tedious process.