6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

2 fer Wednesday?

ok. Go to bed EARLY Tuesday, I'm talkin' pre-sundown early, to awaken before chickens think of setting their clocks. Awaken, jump into truck, head to Manhattan. SHIT, rain. Hate it. Fuck the flowers, hate it!!! But, preregged. Press on. Rain coming down in buckets. DAMN.

Find a killer parking sport, nap.

Awaken, call Tom. We'll hook up @ his corral. I'm behind of course. So much for best laid plans. Never saw each other. Put his chip on, his bib, start the run. Rain REALLY coming down. What the hell, may as well get soaked.

Mile one, so far so good, mile 2, feel tap on my shoulder, there he is. Cool. We step off, I give him his chip, away we go!

Did ok. Nothing GREAT, but sub 9. I'm happy, very happy. A sub 9 in Central Park, I'll take it. Also, ran into Cory. Told him I was in on the 27th! Am I psyched or what?
STILL made it to the job early. Can't help myself.

Now, the big decision, to do the LIRRC 5k or no? Big Bird threw down when he casually mentioned he was doing it. Can't resist. You KNOW I did it. Time sucked, ass dragging, but ran it.

NICE way to begin and end the day.

***AND, what lottery was held today??????????


...I'm learning to live without you now, but I miss you baby.................

No comments: