6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Thursday, June 19, 2008

long n' good

ran long, relatively speaking. Long for me is 10. Felt good. One day med, one day shorter, one day long is good (5, 7, 10). Good for knees, good for the soul.

Had the softball/bbq vs.SBATC. Quite a serendipitious occasion. We're playing well, leading-to eventually win. Ok, so far so good. I'm walking from the unit to the game, walking over some latecoming patients. One of 'em snitches on a smoker, we must discharge her. OK, not the best news, but hey, this IS a rehab. Ok, back to it. Walk back to the game, who do I see? Ray Dowe. He's checking out the action. I saunter over, shake hands, point which is my peeps. Quite a coming together of 2 worlds.

Icing on the cake: football dad George. Bless him. You've met him @ the Thanksgiving Run @ AP. He started a gig @ Riker's as a C.O., with great trepidation. Thank God, he's still normal. One of the good guys.


...you're in my heart you're in my soul......................

No comments: