6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Saturday, March 31, 2012

day 977

take what you can get

normally, wouldn't've gone out this am. BUT...

Why? Rain. However, can't pass up a challenge. Anita told me about a run off the radar-most Island Timing races aren't listed on our site. So, i was planning on doing AP-IF it wasn't raining.

But it was, so headed out, with thr thought of: "If I'd preregged, I'd be there, so suck it up."

Did ok, nothing special, but didn't walk. And it WAS, after all, only a 5k.

The downside? My time was gross, not net. On paper, I did a 10 min pace, though in reality, more like 9:30-I started dead last-as I usually do in these races.

Still, glad I did it. Would'a been 2 days off-opr nmore exactly, 2 days of not running. Not a good thing.

When I got back, GOOD news!!! Stoney's computer died. Funny, Shebitch can spend $1,000 to get him the latest, greatest gaming pc. But, not a cent toward bills.

No comments: