6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Saturday, March 3, 2012

day 951

whew!!!

Actually made it through another day with Shebitch quiet. Good.

It got the tub unclogged, after Stoney took a shower in standing water (surprised the Drano didn't eat the flesh from his feet). War is hell, it really is. Hadda do my run in Alley Pond, shower @ the gym, then come home. Kind'a circuitous n'est pas? Fortunately, when I got back It wasn't there. Had a chance to speak with Stoney unfettered. Good. Cleared the air.

Last night was the pasta dinner for this am's race. Why drive all the way to Huntington for $.27 worth of pasta? 1)It VERY good 2)beats cooking 3)GREAT return on your race investment 4)fun people. As I parked who parks DIRECTLY across from me? Anita and her son. They're so like me it's frightening. They'd stopped to reg for today, he was changing (they had another dinner to attend) and, being cognizant of boundaries, didn't wanna disturb me. When I texted, they returned saying "why didn't you say 'hi?' " Cool.

Since GLIRC was having it's dinner, no peeps I knew. BUT, leaving God's work to God, some extrovert woman makes my acquaintance, turns out we know alot of the same people, spent the time chatting and eating. Amazing. No degrees of seperation! Had been feeling bad that no peeps were there, seems as I age I become more social, but again, God took matters in hand.

Lovely.


***And, a new fave place: Cinema Arts Center in Huntington. $10 -such a deal- easy parking, GREAT flicks-the kind I go into Manhattan for. Nice.

No comments: