6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Saturday, March 17, 2012

day 964

life according to plan C/Not what I expected, but...

So, @ the Director's meeting, Uber Boss pulls me aside with the "can I speak with you for a moment" thing. FUCK. Turns out, he was telling me I was nominated for-and was receiving a bonus. And he wanted to keep it quiet as several were in the runing but obviously didn't get it. Wow. ME????? Of course, THAT got me thinking. My Administrative Brotherfromanothermother is retiring, sick of waiting for the director's gig. I'm thinkin' "they're putting someone ELSE in BOTH gigs, and giving me $$$ to ease the pain of being overlooked," but, keep doing my best anyway. Last day of the conference, we're trying to make a clean getaway, he AGAIN asks for a moment, FUCK ME. Here comes the bad news. Turns out, he tells me my name was submitted for the big gig, the brass ring, I'm nominated to be in with the big boys. Nice. So, despite eccentricities, the agency DOES recognize hard work. Nice. Now, even if i DON'T get it, I'll have done all I can.

This am, ran, then hurry hurry hurry-back to Toxichouse, shower, then off to the LIRR to get to Penn to get to number/bib pickup. HATE this part, then back home. KILLED me because Pete was supposed to come over to get a computer for my nephew-thus my hurrying. But no. He was too tired. Hey, after looking out for me for so long, I gave him that-thuogh I DID bypass an opportunity to hang with my peeps in manhattan. Frankly, glad I passed-NYC was a FUCKING GREEN DISASTER. I can truly say I hate St.Patty's day. All these drunken/fat/sloppy assholes.

So, hurried back, then out to family dinner. Kevin is in town. All the fam there, Bitch and Stoney seperately. He was being a bitch, so fuck 'em both. Went on my own. Didn't need their bullshit.

Thank GOD for the NYC Half tomorrow-though damn them!!! The shirt's green-very funny.

No comments: