6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Thursday, March 31, 2011

perspectivizer

re: the news my elementary school is closing:

peeps are posting on Facebook that it's the beginning of the end.....decline of Catholic religion.....

dunno 'bout that. Seem to be getting along quite well without it. Religion itself seems more like a paper tiger. True, it gave us a sense of community and family, but why should we look to externals for that?

Again, how many Christian Brothers from that era are STILL Christian Brothers? Few, VERY few. Most boogied on their vows.

What I DO resent is that few, if any, face reality. It's NOT cost effective. Not at all. My mom broke her balls to send us, and @ THAT time it was $250 a year. NOW it's $5,000. I don't think so.

I see how Keith is developing, and, frankly, find his current school system superior.

Are so many really afraid to accept evolution?

After Sybil left the hospital and portrayed me as Satan, after I lost all our shared friends, after NOT getting Father of the Year-rather-being the object of scorn and abuse, THAT made me grow up in a hurry.

Part of my past being forever shuttered does affect me, but I accept it for what it is.

We grow, we move on. Pages get turned.

No comments: