6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

this just in

(quite the newsworthy day)

as if another healthy day weren't enough.

as if another sober day wasn't enough.

as if another day of keeping my mind level while dealing with Shebitch wasn't enough.

as if maintaining sanity while dealing with a (male) teenager wasn't enough.

found out my elementary school is closing. Wow.

This am, I'd gone to pay for a ticket for entry to a reunion/fundraiser. Get to the school, speak with the secy there (she'd been a year ahead of me), she gives me the news.

Don't quite know how to take it.

It's a catholic school. It's time really has come and gone. The adjoining parish-where I was a teacher for years, closed, with the people there not putting up a fight.

I'm not really convinced of its necessity.

Do I send Keith to private school?

Nearly all of the Christian Brothers who'd taken a vow, are now lay people.

I really think it's inevitable.

Declining enrollment + declining revenue = closure.

What affects me, as it does all people-they just haven't nailed the root cause yet-is that it's really a sign of solitude. Yet another part of your past is gone. No matter your age, as long as you can hold onto pieces of your youth, you're still there. Without those pieces, you're REALLY an adult. Kind'a hurts, but doesn't affect today's reality.

@ 51 years of age I actually-almost-feel grown up.

No comments: