6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Saturday, March 5, 2011

day 587

DAYUM!!!

Signed up to do today's race, since manana's predicted to be a rain out, so, ran today to run well. THOUGHT I did ok-actually I did-but raised the bar too high on myself.

This race was hilly, hence the title "Little Cow Harbor." Was in Greenlawn, a.k.a. Western Huntington. Yep, HILLY. But fun, and for an Alley Ponder, no big thing. BUT, to expect to break 9 mins was hasty. Came in @ 9:01. DAMN!!!!! Was running, conversing with Joe D, if I'd run a race instead of jibber-jabber, I'd have broken 9.

Was actually happy with the conditions, cool, 45, shorts, tee shirt, gloves. BUT, the logistics of the race site were daunting. Park on the wrong side of the school, so getting inside was a 1/4 mile hike. Stupid really. Also, if I'd followed my instincts, getting there would'a been easier-it's HUNTINGTON for chrissakes! Instead, since officially it's called "Greenlawn," I used mapquest. Bonehead move.

The pasta dinner WAS fun, then seeing my peeps from the dinner @ the race was way cool. You humans got a good thing goin'. AND, it wasn't the usual shit pasta, made sense when you remembered an italian restaurant did it. AND, the lil schoolkids came up to each runner asking what kind of sauce-4 choices-we wanted. Individual plates were then served. La de da!

No comments: