6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

day 611

sometimes....SOMEtimes you just gotta keep putting one foot in front of the other. Eventually, SOMETHING (good or not) will occur.


When Steve told me "the hardest part's getting outta the house," he didn't account for WANTING to get the fuck outta Toxichouse, but I understood his point. This am was just such an example. After elliping yesterday, lacin' 'em up was a challenge (fighting off the inevitable-a cold). Staying in bed was TOO appealing (Shebitch was behaving-it's tax season and guess who pays for whom???). Yet, got up, before the alarm, laced 'em up, and out I went. REALLY glad I did.

St.Francis felt GOOD! Right ankle hurts, knees STILL achin' from the weekend, but had no prob doing the miles. YAY!!! Doing the 5m sat and 9.3 sunday paid off, even though I needed 4 walk breaks sunday (the result of racing the day before, AND apparently, going out too fast-though I'm SURE not having eaten anything didn't help). STILL did well time wise, and this am, reaped the benefits.

THEN, opened the mail...and...a check!!! The bad news: made out to both Shebitch and I. So, off I went to cash it. God was on my side. Technically they needed 2 signatures to cash it, but I had no prob. YAY! Free money!!! THEN, opened more mail, a package. Contained within: A MEDAL!!! I actually placed first in my age group in the Cupid's Race I did in February. There I was, doing a Valentine's race, feeling bad @ my relationship status, and I fucking won. AND they mailed my medal. NICE!!!!

God truly IS good. Sometimes, putting one foot in front of the other pays off.

No comments: