6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Sunday, March 13, 2011

day 595

life according to plan B

a day full of surprises.

Still riffin' off yesterday. REALLY loved hangin' on The Highline. Glad I left yesterday night when I did. the concert started @ 6:30, I left @ 10:15, they were STILL going strong (hadda get the 10:51 train), got MORE than my money's worth. Joe Hurley kicked ass, guests were WAY cool (Tish n' Snooky!!!), friends were great, the venue was killer! But, alas, turned back into a pumpkin.

Woke up later than usual, left Toxichouse @ 7. For me, half the day was over. i was still first in the parking lot @ Eisenhower. Our peeps were putting on 3 teams! YAY!!! Only 2 miles, so the fatigue from yesterday wasn't an issue. The cold WAS. Was about 45-50 degs, but COLD.

We did ok, not great, but nothing to be embarassed about. 2 of 3 teams placed.

Really nice.

But, wait, there's more!!!

Stoney wakes up @ the crack of 11, asks me to sign him up for a local gym. I was ELATED! When I asked why, his peeps went there. I would've prefereed Planet Fitness, 1/5 of the cost (this one's 50$ a month cash, I refuse to sign a contract. You know how teenagers are). But the bottom line, of his own accord, he's choosing to do a healthy thing. YAY! With teens, it's all about small victories.

No comments: