6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Friday, March 18, 2011

day 600

(I feel like there should be foreworks)

Did the 1/2 expo, had a blast! Surprised actually. Went there with a seperate agenda, but instead, gave of myself for the 9 + 1, and made some friends/connected with former peeps. I'm, naturally, early, went to get a bite to eat. No prob there, this IS Manhattan. Found superhappychinese buffet, grazed, to the expo I went. Same nabe as The Highline. THAT threw me off. Initially I went BACK to The Highline, forgetting my destination was 3 avenues away. Got to the site, same as last year. Which volunteer am I replacing? David the Superjew! Hasn't changed a bit, STILL raggin' about "Q's" and whichever bone(s) he has to pick with the NYRR.

The peeps to the left and right quickly became buds. (I was in t-shirts). Then, to my surprise, Wittenberg and her hub came for his shirt! I was shocked, fake bowed, then asked why she didn't have her man's stuff picked up for her (Rank DOESN'T have privilege?)? Apparently not, SHE even said "I didn't get in," re: the lottery system. Couldn't help myself, hadda ask "did you send yourself an irate e mail?" She didn't laugh. I WAS impressed that they came to get their stuff just like the rest of us.

AND, they're getting REALLY tight on security. Not only must you now wear your bib, BUT, in addition, a wrist band like they put on you in hospitals/raves. Not only that, we were instructed to make people put them on then. In this manner, runner's wouldn't forget come sunday morning. As in: no wristband, no race. Staff will be pulling people off the course if they lack either a bib or wrist band. Wow. Beat me @ my own game. Hadda give 'em credit.

REALLY had a good experience. And, now, I'm clear for the next Big One. Did my vol hours.

This am, really should'a taken the day off with the big run manana, but it was really too beautiful a morning. JUUUUST cool enough for a t shirt (and gloves), and shorts. Back DID hurt after standing for so long yesterday, but great am for a run.

A little less pissed I didn't get into the half, when Wittenberg crapped out just like the rest of us, it made the pill a bit easier to swallow.

No comments: