6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Saturday, January 22, 2011

day 545

I DON'T SUCK!!!

got up, split asap, headed to NYC. Saturday parking SUCKS, so hadda boogie quick. Did well, parked 1 block from the start (which was 8 blocks from the finish, but whatthefuck. AFTER the race, nothing matters).

FREEZING this am, I'm talkin' bone chilling. When the temps match the distance you're running, it's COLD.

Part of me wanted to walk this one. Really resent HAVING to do 4 of 5 halves to get into The NYC Half, but hey, being pissed doesn't do any good. Boycotting, who'd give a fuck? So, suck it up buttercup n' lace 'em up!

Actually used hothands-it was THAT cold.

First 3-4 miles, cursed my existence, but felt ok, middle 4, couldn't feel my fingers, even tried shoving them in my pockets (should'a seen me run with my hands in my pockets).

The bad part of this race: it's not one (ouch) but two (OUCH) loops of CP. This is also where I had my best time in a half (Laughlin thought I'd switched chips with Tom). So, in short, really didn't give a fuck, just wanted to finish.

Between miles 8-11 things were really dicey. Hands fucking frozen, really wanted to quit, walked 4x. THEN, then.........a 5k left, I can do this.

Best of all! When I looked @ my time, I didn't do half bad, not my worst, not my best, average. In the 50%. NICE! Imagine if conditions were good, if I'd actually eaten (oops, forgot), or if I didn't walk? Could'a brought this syucker home in under 2. Oh well, got both another Q under my belt, as well as a NYC Half qualifier.

No comments: