6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Monday, May 31, 2010

day 309

weird but good.

Headed to The Parkhouse to run with the peeps, few there. No one @ my pace, so off I went. Who do I run into? Dave the Superjew, adjusted his pace to move with me. Caught Pret walking on our way to finishing up, we walked together. Good thing, I was doing (only) 5 today, going back to walk with Pret, got 8 in total. Good!!!

On the way home, stopped @ Waldbaums, wanted to do surf n' turf-hey, if Shebitch can buy lobster, why not push it and get that and filet mignon. Got to the counter, the guy asked how big, I said "surprise me," he did. 3 1/2 lbs. Yummmmmm! Needless to stay, the turf would'a been too much. Got 2 ears of corn, bag o' salad (veggie lovers delight), and intended to mix 'em up. As I was walking away, a couple asked if they steamed 'em there, he said sure. BINGO!!!! I walked around, getting the other ingredients for a kick ass salad, in 15 mins, my beast was steamed. Brought it home, laid out in the sun while the corn cooked, knifed the corn off the cob, added it to the salad, some balsamic dressing (hey, with THAT much lobster you don't wanna weight your stomach down with heavy dressing)shelled the lobster, perfect! NICE! Again, you humans and your "food," great idea!!!

No comments: