6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Monday, May 3, 2010

day 281

It Was Twenty Years Ago Today!

May 3, 1990 I started employment with The State of New York. Wow. I'd been clean 5 years, had worked in Nassau for 2, been teaching for 6. Amazing how the time has passed (and STILL feel like a child).

Really glad I did the half yesterday. Just CAN'T take the full anymore. I look at it as I paid my dues (and, medals are given for the half-I'm so there!!!).

This am, RAIN, but not unwelcome. Perfect excuse to repair. New episode of House tonight, I'm good to go. Tomorrow, hit the asphalt-got new running shoes to break in.

***First full night of uninterrupted sleep, appetite back, libido strong (decongestants etc...mess you up in more ways than one!). Feels good to be human again.

(and yes, it STILL slays me that I can run a half marathon @ a better pace than our race. Jeeeeeez!!!).

No comments: