6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Thursday, May 6, 2010

day 284

fly in the ointment

as with any new endeavor, SOMETHING has to go wrong. This whole "changing running shoes" thing is no dif. The NB's feel good, but, big toe-blood blister under toenail. Shoe feels right, but really need a half size larger, so, NB 470, 11 1/2 D. Hey, still beats pneumonia!!!

St.Francis this am. Started to get that Charlie Brown feeling. Showers (off n' on) had been predicted, started out-no prob, then after the first overpass, sprinkle. Started to think of turning back, but by then I was invested. Thoughts of the 5m swimathon entered my head (ptsd?), but pressed on. Glad I did. Rain stopped, rest of the run nonproblematic. Left knee sharp pain almost gone.

Got my miracle of the morning: guy I pass (him one way, I, the other) most days waved, yelled out he saw me @ the NYRR Run 4-11 (Run as One). As George Sheehan said: "wherever a runner is, I have a friend."

Got to the job, opened my e mail, Polansky got a shot of me @ the LI 1/2, after the finish line. Looking wiped (big surprise). Pic below.

***AND, just spoke with Football Dad George Waters, a nicer guy (besides brotherfromanothermother) was never born. 50+, just started a job as a Corrections Officer @ Rikers, and is STILL well adjusted and positive. He texted to say he did 4 + ellip. Takes me back to the biathlon days, spinning and ellip, or better: the Tri days: Run/Ellip/Spin. Good times.

No comments: