6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Sunday, May 30, 2010

day 308

Seemed like a good idea @ the time

Ok, should'a taken yesterday off, but nooooooo, hadda try to do St.Francis, thank GOD my peep persuaded me to do 5 (took all of a nanosecond to talk me outta 6.5+). BUT, today proved, if I wanna do well, can't run myself into the ground.

Long Beach 10m, hotttt, VERY warm, breeze in your face. Took too many breaks after the 5m mark, actually took my chip off. Was glad to not dnf. I finished, I know I finished, it isn't a NYRR race, so don't need an official time. Didn't even look @ the clock over the finish line to see my time. Don't really give a shit either, REALLY just glad to have finished. It was damn tough. Saw brotherfromanothermother, now that he's married we don't hang much, I miss that, but he's happy. Funny part is he actually tried running with me, knew that'd last one mile, then he took off. Good. DAYUM it was hot. We were supposed to hook up after the race, never saw him. I know my time didn't TOTALLY suck as I saw Vince @ a turnaround during the last 1 1/2 miles.

While brotherfromanothermother was kidding himself into thinking we could run together, we overheard some girls talking about Ragnar, we both turned around and started talking with 'em. They, too, would do it again next year. Funny, haven't spoken to anyone who wouldn't.

Still processing Dennis Hopper's death. Sucks. Thing I loved (and I hope people say about me) is the quote of "you never knew what to expect." His character in Blue Velvet defined "psycho." A hero.

Came home, did the lawn and trimmed the front buished. I am EXHAUSTED.

No comments: