6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Saturday, September 20, 2008

n' where were YOU????

had our Back Alley 5k, a.k.a. the "tree branch in your face, tree root tripping you" cross country. Perfect weather for it, crisp, cool. 23 peeps showed, unfortunately that OTHER race was today too. Those 4997 people will never know what they missed.

It was really cool to come together for our no frills thing. The club showed, volunteers aplenty, with the usual wrong turn @ the wrong place. Wouldn't be any fun without it.

AND we actually had 2 or 3 that heard about it through the website. NICE!!! Props Deb.

Ken n' I were hanging before everyone showed-me naturally early, he as it's pretty much his race. We concluded the magic of the club is-in view of the demise of others/though we're a bunch of dysfunctional mothers, our goal unites us. We have odd/bizarre ways of getting to that goal, but it remains constant. Very cool. Makes me truly proud to be associated with this bunch of freaks. (remember the Groucho line: I'd never join a club that would have me as a member).

No comments: