6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

good times just keep a comin'

STILL riffin' off Quebec. MAN what a blast. Put together come cd's of the pix for the peeps.

(Pix down below, also of the O 2 S)

Recovered from the Ocean to Sound, proud of the club, very proud. AND everyone wore colors.
The only down side: as previously noted, REALLY caught on-higher numbers-great for the event, not as great for peeps like me. It was weird, kind'a like: the best of times/the worst of times: lots of acquaintances from dif pieces of my running life-only prob-greeting so many meant less quality time for my peeps. I'm really blown away by the number of friends I've made along the way. Problem was, it was really not possible to have meaningful conversations, everything was fleeting at best. But, if I hadda do it all over again, wouldn't change a thing. We as a club did amazingly, I did what I set out to do. Funny how the other Queens groups don't make it though.

Got my St.Francis on, good thing, POURED rain later in the pm. Just in time for P/T. Arm is KILLING me, but, suck it up eh? ("itbeatsbeinginacastitbeatsbeinginacastitbeatsbeinginacast.") Amazed I pulled off a marathon with a fucked up elbow.

p.s. on the wallet: went to 7-11 this, counter peep said he gave the $20 to my savior, who told him he wouldn't accept it. Upon further pressure, he finally did, saying he was gonna put it in the collection basket in church. Cool. Good karma kiddies. My kind'a guy: do the right thing because it's the right thing.

No comments: