6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Saturday, September 13, 2008

ANOTHER fine mess I got me into

a.k.a. "seemed like a good idea @ the time"

Went into Manhattan to pick up the numbers for the Queens half-rain was predicted for Sunday so I figured get the numbers for Tom n' Jerry, then all we gotta do is run the fucking thing.

THAT was the plan. But, as we know, all plans......

So there I am, after looking for a half hour for a friggin' parking spot-Manhattan on Saturday SUCKS for parking: between the one hour, two hour, no parking 7-9 am.....SHIT!!! Ok, finally got a spot, figured number pickup wasn't 'til 11:30, so.....what to do, what to do??? Join the training run.

NYRR had a long run scheduled for this am, so, jump in as a bandit. The run was scheduled for one full loop-6 miles, then a 4/5 loop-5 miles, then 2 more, total 20 miles. So, being the fool I am, I did 2 loops. Ouch. I KNOW I'm gonna regret this manana.

No comments: