6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

day 989

more gooder!

Ok, rain predicted off and on. When I awoke, nothing.

Last night, It comes in, asks me if I saw my picture in the paper. I'd placed a copy of the article on the fridge @ 4am, but this one asks if I'd seen my pic in the paper. Amazing. Talk about your jaundiced world view. AND, It wouldn't have known at all except one of Its chief enablers texted It a copy of the article. Amazing.

Brotherfromanothermother called, hernia. Poor bastard. BUT, still happy for him. NOT envy, but happy for him. He got it working on his backyard. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to do so? Anything I do @ Toxichouse is either dismissed, destroyed, or ignored. So, though he can't run, I'd gladly trade with him.

THEN, Anita called re: Mets tix. Yay!!!

Thank GOD I run. I've been exposed to a world that is always there for me. Question is: will I let it in?

And this am, W.C.Fields (the NYC Parks employee who is always there) handed me a copy of the article to place in the display case.

Like George Sheehan said "anywhere I run, I have friends."

So, despite the threat of showers, laced 'em up. Glad I did. Got my miles in, dry no less. AND, now that the gym is open an hour earlier, my day truly begins on a positive note.

Thanks God.

No comments: