6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

day 988

wow

Newsday published the article. Impressive. VERY impressive. Really encapsulates all the crap in my history. AND, thank God it happened when it did. Woke up this am, apple peels and sugar all over the floor. Why the HELL it's so hard to peel apples and throw away the detritus-or even clean up after onesself-I dunno. But that's what I live with.

On the schedule for this am WAS, getting my taxes done, joy joy. Thank GOD the article appeared. Got me motivated.

Lo and behold, got a call from Gary! Now, you don't know him. HE was my roomate in rehab. We really both live the same lives, but in dif locations. Same approx age, same anniv, both have sons, both sons approx same age. Wow.

Truly what a long, strange trip it's been.

The guys here welcomed me in with a big round of applause. They were of course reminded I'm not special, if not for them I wouldn't be me. Bless 'em.

And yes, put a copy of the article on the fridge. See how long that lasts, and, how long it takes for THIS-a great thing-to be twisted around.

So yes, got my miles in today. My before picture was on the road. Bless him.

Hope Steve is proud.

No comments: