6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

27 years!

4/3/85 I entered South Oaks for rehab.

The Dean @ the Seminary had called me into his office weeks before, told me it had come to the attention of faculty that I had a problem, and needed to do something about it if I wished to continue. So, went to rehab and never looked back.

No relapses, no crap. God bless Pedrito for making sure I always had a dollar in my pocket. God bless mom for being there for me and never doing what she should've: kick my drunk ass out rather than enabling me. Hope she's proud.

Remember the hard ass, telling me to "lose the jacket," as if wearing a jacket and tie could detract from the sight of my fat ass.

Remember the baked chicken, after baked chicken, after baked chicken.....

Remember Jeff Hazelwood.......

Remember bumming cigs because I only came in with a carton.....

Remember thinking "thin people must-by definition-be happy. How could they POSSIBLY be sad?"

No job, no income, not knowing whattheFUCK I'd do. BUT, knowing mom loved me and Pedrito was there-driving me to meetings.........wow.

Remember asking Jim to sponsor me, only to have him give me his number, not give a clear answer, telling me to "call." Damn you Jim!!!

Remember The Uniondale Group...................

Look @ me now. Amazing.

No comments: