6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Saturday, July 30, 2011

day 734

didn't (totally) suck!

Queens half, HOTTTT/HUMIDDDDD. But 1)I finished 2)not TOO many walk breaks 3)got another Q under my belt 4)got another 1/2 Q under my belt 5)passed one of the Dim Sum peeps.

What a gorgeous morning, but too fucking hot/humid. Still, a wonderful race in a wonderful borough.

Carlos, Curtis, Leo, Jared, Luann, Joe G, Debbie, all the local peeps showed in force...except...of course Quantum. Really. Could you BE more of a turd? So much for a sense of community. Not ONE of them.

REALLY a great turnout! Started a tad late (logistics), and, of course the marsh area rendered part of the run cross-country. But, you could FEEL the sense among the runners and workers alike-this was cool!

Always something unusual about this one. years ago, with the tougher College Point course, they gave out Red Bull @ mile 10. This year, 5 hour energy by the skating rink. Nice.

Came in next to last of my peeps, 48%, try to keep it above 50%, but gotta remember I didn't take yesterday off and didn't eat anything(and stopped twice for pictures). Been experimenting with on course nutrition. No power gels today, rather, cream cheese (squeeze tube). Worked well, but the need for walk breaks pointed to the need for more calories. these have only 70 rather than powergel's 100+. Still, I'm glad I did ok.

Surprised, had enough energy when I came home to do the lawn. Hey: slow/consistent, but always finish!!!

No comments: