6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Saturday, July 16, 2011

day 720

now THAT was odd!!!

Had the NYRR 4m this am. Got my usual spot-joked that I hadn't moved since last week.

Brotherfromanothermother called, he was there, as was Deb. She was pissed @ her time. Hey, SHE took walk breaks and STILL had the same time I did. And SHE'S worried? I'd be pleased.

Now the odd: locked myself outta my vehicle! SHIT!!! Gave up on waiting for Tom, he was gone. Deb? Doubtless she went off with her peep. So, Joe to the rescue. What a saint! Drove me to work, WAS gonna drive me all the way back into Manhattan. I disuaded him. God bless him. What a gentleman, I wouldn't have gone that far.

So, when I discovered I lacked the vehicle key, doubled back before the race, nothing. Retraced my steps, nothing. Checked lost and found, nothing. Finally dawned on me "look in the vehicle," sure 'nuff, it was sitting where I'd left it-with the doors locked.

Of course, no one had a slim jim. Right.

All in all, a good day, would'a been better without all the running around, but still. Got my race in.

AND, between Joe saving my ass, and my surprise @ the start of the run, niice. What was the surprise? Who did I see as I entered the corral 2 minutes before the race started: Alina! She was volunteering. God bless her. THEN, who did I bump into? Warwick! Wow, you really can't hide, even if you wanted to. Nice.

Hectic? Yes. Still, glad I did it. Despite the key, hey, worse came to worse, would'a broken the window.

No comments: