6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Monday, July 11, 2011

day 715

THAT sucked, but...

ok, bad enough my time from the morning race didn't register, DID decide to do the evening race.........my age group was wrong. WTF is wrong with this fucking scoring company??? Same company did both races. Leaves much to be desired. Glad I did the evening race, hadn't done that one in quite a while. Enabled me to constructively evade the malaise of Toxichouse. Amazes me that, as a teen, I thought the world was my oyster. @ Stoney's age I was exploring new things, working, making money, maturing. He...lays there....When spoken to, acts like sullen emo boy.

My brother came to pick him up, to take him to lunch for his birthday. Did he come into the house? Did he at least say hello? Amazing. Could you BE more dysfunctional/disrespectful??? If this were the Sopranos he'd have been shot. I'd never think of exhibiting such behavior. But then again, I'm Satan. (and remember your history kiddies; the beginning of the end with them was when sis in law had a psychotic break because I perused the exterior of an envelope, sitting in plain sight, on their dining room table. For THAT she called my house to attempt (note: "attempt") to tear me a new one.

So, bad enough my time didn't register in the am, THEN in the evening race my age group is wrong, I get back to Toxichouse, put Hulk out...gate was open. FUCK!!!! (and remember, Shebitch LOVES to rage about my supposed O.C.D. ). Of course, he escaped (wouldn't YOU???). Thoughts passing through my mind: he's gonna bite,mangle someone, they'll sue, the house will be history. Not an entirely bad thing. Yet, WOULD suck to lose the object of my hard work.

Thank GOD I did the evening race, despite the drama. Like running through Mayberry. Race ends with 400m through mainstreet, with-seemingly-the entire town there to cheer you on. Nice. I had ZERO energy, 4 twenty second walk breaks. If it weren't for Rick running with me (until HE got sick of my turtle pace), I'd have walked. Jeeeeez it was hottttt/humid/heavy air.

Tough weekend, but we made it.

Brings us to this am. What to do, what to do??? Guess...The Line, of course. REALLY wanted to take a rest day, but no. Was scared. Knees hurt, my Dim Sum peeps were ahead of their usual spot. But, my benchmark worked. Got back to the vehicle on time. Glad I made it. Still blows my mind I havta take walk breaks in a friggin' 5k, yet The Line is no prob. Good to be back (would be BETTER to get a good night's sleep, but I expect too much. You haven't lived until you've lived with the drama @ Toxichouse).

No comments: