6/26/16

6/26/16
Achilles Run, "Stay thirsty my friend."

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

day 724

cold motherf***er

Weirdest thoughts occur during a run.

Needless to say, The Streak continues. Again, hot as a mother, humid, but did ok. Back to the vehicle earlier than usual-of course I DID start earlier as well. Point being, no gym days, yet. Still loggin' them miles!!!

Got the news via Facebook, one of the peeps who made an impression died. I went to High School in Mass, a prep school mom paid well for, until I became such a pain they kicked me out (they didn't exactly understand how to handle black sheep). So, one of the Christian Brothers there was way cool. 2 days ago, he contacted me via facebook. Yesterday I get the news he died. 7 years older than I. Wow. Thank GOD for Facebook. Thank GOD for my mother who put me in a position to meet this wonderful person.

Today, our MD is retiring. HELLUVA guy, wears his heart on his sleeve. The definition of not pretentious. A loss.

Now, the weird thought. Between The Boss retiring, Clarence Clemens' death, Rick Dileo (the Christian Brother)'s death, and the MD's retiring; lotsa thought on "change." The weird thought: when The Priest dies, will I give a shit? Truthfully, no. Would I attend the funeral? (hence the title "cold motherf***er") probably not. He never, ever brought anything to the table. Since we were children he was a pain in my ass. Put it this way: he's a Priest, does he even think to send my son-his nephew-a birthday card? Never, not once. Self centered bastard. Always been that way. Not good. And don't give me any shit about "family," that ain't "family." So, some might think it "cold," I'd call it "not hypocritical."

***"Men of a Certain Age" axed. Sucks. Great show.

No comments: